PDA

View Full Version : Penises and Pussies

Alex Bragi
12-21-2003, 08:05 PM
I was just reading through the responses to the ‘Knickers’ thread, and something else occurred to me. Isn’t it interesting how some many people have some many different words for the same sexual organs and acts?

Sex, make love, sexual intercourse (of course), fuck, bang, root, etc.

Vagina, cunt, pussy, twat, etc.

Penis, manhood, dick, cock (my personal favourite), and many more

And masturbation, well you could almost write a book on all the wonderful euphemisms we have for that one!

Lord Douche
12-22-2003, 04:51 AM
It could be taken that the amount of words we have for these things is a sign of how important they are to us :)

As an author, I try and vary the words I use to describe practically everything; my characters hair, their eyes, and in this particular genre, the state of their sexual organs. It adds variety to what you're writing, and shows you actually do have a vocabulary.

e.e. norcod
12-22-2003, 08:34 AM
It is said that the Innuit have fifty different words for snow. But Immunologists have over fifty different words for little leukocytes with sparse cytoplasm.

Hawke
12-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Yes, that is correct. People in Alaska do have fifty words to describe snow. However, it is interesting how they don't have a word for just "snow". It's white snow, heavy snow, and so on...

Aurelius
12-22-2003, 01:47 PM
e.e.: It is said that the Innuit have fifty different words for snow. But Immunologists have over fifty different words for little leukocytes with sparse cytoplasm. Forgive me, but isn't this just an urban myth?
Apparently the Eskimo word for snow is apum, though as a verb and a noun it can be conjugated in many forms from the root (just like words in other languages). I'd really love to have confirmation from a genuine Inuit. That would be cool.

As for 'little leukocytes with sparse cytoplasm' I gladly bow to your medical knowledge.

Further to the topic: Yesterday I was looking for a synonym for know as in "he knew about it."
My computer's spellcheck/thesaurus (Wordweb) one suitable alternative PLUS 25 variants for having sex! Got more than I bargained for there. :)

Aurelius
12-22-2003, 02:15 PM
I found a good link. Quite funny.
http://www.mendosa.com/snow.html

Dr Mabeuse
06-11-2004, 02:58 PM
I don;t know. I live in Chicago where we get our share of snow and freezing precipitation, and if you include snow the verb along with snow the noun and include the various types of frozen precipitation you find outside, I can come up with 20 words pretty easily:

snow
flurry
snowstorm
blizzard
white out
ice storm
powder
sleet
pellet
flake
flock
clump
hail
ice
frost
hoar
rime
spindrift
drift
slush
black ice...

I could see where if you lived in a world were snow was your constant companion and your life depended on knowing what kind of snow was what, I could see having a much bigger vocabularly than this.

---dr.M.

boccaccio2000g
06-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I don;t know. I live in Chicago where we get our share of snow and freezing precipitation, and if you include snow the verb along with snow the noun and include the various types of frozen precipitation you find outside, I can come up with 20 words pretty easily:

I could see where if you lived in a world were snow was your constant companion and your life depended on knowing what kind of snow was what, I could see having a much bigger vocabularly than this.

---dr.M.

Yes, and you didn't even mention the most important kind of snow to keep an eye out for -- yellow.

Boccaccio

Master13
08-11-2004, 12:56 AM
I think it's mostly a matter of that which is prevalent but impolite to talk about gets lots of euphemisms. Of course many of them end up becomeing more impolite than the real names and thus more are created to replace them.

duktig flicka
08-28-2004, 02:23 AM
And how many words do we have for brain? :p