PDA

View Full Version : Anonymouse - Assignment 2

anonymouse
03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Who Tricked Bambi?

She sat in her perfectly tailored gray suit waiting for her job interview. "Bambi!" she fumed. "How am I ever supposed to be taken seriously with a name like Bambi?"

"Relax," said the young man sitting beside her. "That's precisely what the university psychology department's study is all about - perception and preconception."

"But why must I be called Bambi?"

"We could have called you Flower. Or Thumper," he chuckled.

"Yes, but Bambi was a male deer," Alison said. She laughed as if to say 'I give up!'

"A buck."

"A what?"

"A male deer is a buck."

"That's fascinating," Alison said. She breathed deeply and tilted her head back slightly to stretch her neck.

"So, you remember everything we discussed?" he asked.

"Yes. Pretend it's a real job interview, answer all questions honestly, and do whatever the interviewer asks me to do. Peter?"

"Yes, Bambi?"

'Stop calling me that!' She fumed again under her breath. "What happens if he offers me the job?"

"It won't happen," he replied.

"How can you be so sure?"

"The interview 'is' the job," Peter said. "The man you're about to see is a test subject, just like you. He's been briefed, just as you have."

"Oh." Alison thought for a moment and then asked, "What is the 'job' I'm supposed to have applied for?"

"Exotic dancer," Peter smiled and winked at Alison.

Alison felt suddenly numb. "Exotic..."

A voice from the speakerphone on the receptionist's desk crackled to life. "Send in Bambi."

anonymouse

Dragon's muse
03-26-2007, 08:47 AM
This is very interesting. You have my curiousity up. So she is supposed to do whatever the interviewer tells her? Why do i get the feeling that Alison/Bambi may not have been told everything about this "study"? You are so good with the teasers. Your use of dialogue is good and you set the stage very nicely. You should be moving up to level II soon. i will get your assignment up today sometime.

Who Tricked Bambi?

She sat in her perfectly tailored gray suit waiting for her job interview. "Bambi!" she fumed. "How am I ever supposed to be taken seriously with a name like Bambi?"

"Relax," said the young man sitting beside her. "That's precisely what the university psychology department's study is all about - perception and preconception."

"Yes, but Bambi was a male deer," Alison said. She laughed as if to say 'I give up!'

"A buck."

"A what?"

"A male deer is a buck."

"That's fascinating," Alison said. She breathed deeply and tilted her head back slightly to stretch her neck.

"Yes. Pretend it's a real job interview, answer all questions honestly, and do whatever the interviewer asks me to do. Peter?"

"Yes, Bambi?"

'Stop calling me that!' She fumed again under her breath. "What happens if he offers me the job?"

"The interview 'is' the job," Peter said. "The man you're about to see is a test subject, just like you. He's been briefed, just as you have."

"Oh." Alison thought for a moment and then asked, "What is the 'job' I've (seems just a bit awkward, maybe you should have used 'I'm" here. supposed to have applied for?"

A voice from the speakerphone on the receptionist's desk crackled to life. "Send in Bambi."

Rhabbi
03-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Who Tricked Bambi?

"A buck."

"A what?"

"A male deer is a buck."

"Yes, Bambi?"

"Oh." Alison thought for a moment and then asked, "What is the 'job' I've supposed to have applied for?"

anonymouse

Well, this definately stirs the imagination, I agree with Dragon's Muse about the possiblities. I would definately like to see more and can see where this can lead into your favorite scenario.

My only real complaint is that the story is to short, I was just getting hooked when you enede it. I know this is more nitpicking than anything, but we could have gone into the office and settled inot it a bit before she found out waht she was getting into.

anonymouse
03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
This is very interesting. You have my curiousity up. So she is supposed to do whatever the interviewer tells her? Why do i get the feeling that Alison/Bambi may not have been told everything about this "study"? You are so good with the teasers. Your use of dialogue is good and you set the stage very nicely. You should be moving up to level II soon. i will get your assignment up today sometime.

Thank you, Dragon's Muse :)

anonymous

anonymouse
03-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, this definately stirs the imagination, I agree with Dragon's Muse about the possiblities. I would definately like to see more and can see where this can lead into your favorite scenario.

My only real complaint is that the story is to short, I was just getting hooked when you enede it. I know this is more nitpicking than anything, but we could have gone into the office and settled inot it a bit before she found out waht she was getting into.

I considered taking the story into the office but decided against as I simply have too many ideas about what happens in there. Besides, cliffhanger endings excite me :)

anonymouse

Rhabbi
03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Besides, cliffhanger endings excite me :)

anonymouse

Believe me, we've noticed. lol

anonymouse
03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Believe me, we've noticed. lol

lol :p

anonymouse

Satan_Klaus
03-26-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm amazed how you coped with your opening line, considering that it was very specific. You turned it into something I had not expected.

However, I have to agree with the others: Your story is more of an appetizer:)

Satan_Klaus

anonymouse
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm amazed how you coped with your opening line, considering that it was very specific. You turned it into something I had not expected.

However, I have to agree with the others: Your story is more of an appetizer:)

Satan_Klaus

The opening line Muse gave to me was indeed a challenge. Usually, a writer writes themself into a corner. This was a good exercise in how to write out of a corner.

As for the brevity of the piece, your comment(s) are noted. If I can find time today, I'll add a bit more to the story. Since everybody already probably have their own thoughts as to where the story might head, hopefully I can manage to surprise you some more :)

anonymouse