PDA

View Full Version : chapped nipples

gladgirl
03-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Ok my nipples have been played with a lot more lately and they are chapped. Is there any lotion or such that is recommended to keep nipples soft? TIA

Gladgirl24

anonymouse
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Try Olive oil, or Sweet almond oil, or Lanolin or Comfrey ointment. Aloe Vera is also natural and good, and if you want something scented, Lavender essential oil.

It's no fun having chapped or cracked nipples :(

anonymouse

gladgirl
03-27-2007, 09:01 AM
No they sure arent any fun. I will try your suggestions. Thank you for posting so quickly.

Gladgirl

MrDom
03-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Use bag balm very good stuff it comes in a small green square tin. I make my slave use it when her nipples get rough and sore before bedtime and when she get up after shower.

MrDom

Dragon's muse
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
You can also use a needle to open a Vitamin E capsule and use the oil on the nipples, speeds healing.

~hellish one~
03-29-2007, 07:26 PM
You can also use a needle to open a Vitamin E capsule and use the oil on the nipples, speeds healing.

you scared the hell out of me there for a second! LMFAO! all i read was "needle and nipples" and i was like...owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

it is a good idea though! vitamin E does wonders for the skin.

anonymouse
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
No they sure arent any fun. I will try your suggestions. Thank you for posting so quickly.

You're welcome, Gladgirl. Hope things are healing quickly for you :)

Talia
03-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Sometimes, just plain old hand lotion two or three times a day will do the trick.

*still silently happy that my nipples can't be played with for another 3 or 4 months*

TheDeSade
03-29-2007, 07:52 PM
get some "Udder and Teat Creme" (Im serious). While it is sold for use by dairy farmers, anyone who has really bad chapped hands or skin anywhere uses it. Great stuff

cariad
03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
And if you are not quite ready to feel like a cow - ask your pharmacist for cream for chapped nipples - if is quite a common condition for breast feeding mothers - I have one which is supposed to be suitable for both that and nappy rash! Perfect for the busy mum I guess.

cariad

pyarrie
04-02-2007, 05:10 AM
another thing that may work is unrefined shea butter or cocoa butter. Bath and Body works also makes a brazil nut butter which does wonders in hydrating skin. I think most of their body butters are pretty good. Plus they can double as a massage cream.

coookie
04-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Chapped nipples are no fun!! I had serious problem with this when i first started nursing. I listened to my mom on this one and steeped myself a cup of tea and after allowing the bag to cool a little, placed it on my nipple. I'm not sure of the properties in tea that help, but it certainly did help.

DrkRvn
04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
you could look for lotion for nursing mothers, they get that same problem.

smilie
04-19-2007, 02:14 PM
i have used just ordinary chap sticks like the ones you use on your lips they are cheap and work and some of them even give you a nice tingly feeling if they have mint in them!!! good luck!