PDA

View Full Version : the first meeting?

DrGeordie
04-06-2007, 06:34 AM
This has probably been asked before but I haven't come across it so I'll ask anyway. In browsing around these forums I've come across a number of theads about steps a sub should take to ensure their safety when meeting a dominant in real life for the first time. So this set me to thinking and turning it on it's head. What preparations do the Dom/mes make before and during meeting a new sub for the first time?

I haven't seen this answered but maybe I missed it. I have a few thoughts in mind and things like meeting in a public place go without saying to me but I'm interested in what the Dom/mes here consider the proper or best way to conduct that first meeting.

Sir_Russell
04-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Very simple your safe guards are the same as the sub

Set up phone calls at specific times to friends with code words that tell them you are okay or not. The friends should know where you are at so that a 911 call will be productive if needed.

Remember your meeting with a stranger and can be at as much risk as the sub.

Russell

moptop
04-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Putting my subby 2-penn'orth in (or 2-cents, for my US friends!): I recently did this for the first time. What made me confident in him was that, well prior to the actual meeting, he gave me his full name, address and land/mobile numbers, which I was able to verify and publicise to my friends. So I knew he was not hiding and was being open and showing trust in me from the outset.

What Sir Russell says is probably true - I don't know if there is such a thing as Dom-bashing, but I guess there might be. Any stranger can be a complete wierdo. I hadn't thought of it that way - so, once again, thanks, Sir R, for your insight!