PDA

View Full Version : Age difference

pixie_dust
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
This question is targeted more towards the female subs...sorry.

Was just wondering about age differences in which the Dom is younger than his sub. Have any of you experienced this? And if so, what was your experience? How did it work out for you?

My Dom is younger than myself, and we have experienced many bumps along the road. (Some much more difficult to overcome than others.) So, I'm curious as to what issues have come up with others in our situation, and how they have overcome them (if so).

Thanks for sharing :)

wingsofanangel
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Only a year younger..

and there was no problem.... he was wonderful.

sorry... I am not very helpful....

Warbaby1943
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I have to wonder after reading this who has the problem with the age difference? With either it can be serious. If both it can be fatal.

pixie_dust
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Quote:I have to wonder after reading this who has the problem with the age
difference? With either it can be serious. If both it can be fatal.

Sorry, guess I should have made it clearer...

The bumps in the road we have shared are not due to our age difference... just typical relationship issues. What I was wondering about, is how an age difference can play a role in how you deal with them.

Talia
04-17-2007, 04:02 AM
I had a dom once that was almost 6 years or so younger than me. The only issue that came up is the lack of general life experience. I've experienced a lot in my life vs his. This might be where maturity might be an issue for some. He was very mature but did lack certian life experiences that would have made us more compatible. Guidence then became an issue. He wasn't helping me mature and grow as individual. Much as what I believe a dom/sub relationship should do....Both growing together. I wanted more than he could give, on the relationship level. So, I turned to looking for someone more my age, or a little older.

My Master now, is 7 years older and is just perfect for me. He's lead me to many personal accomplishments and triumphs. Now, that doesn't mean yours can't. I feel it just depends on where You want to go within the relationship, the people involved, etc....

_ID_
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
10 years... and it created problems.

orchid
04-17-2007, 05:02 PM
my Husband / Master is 4.5 years younger than i and i dont think we have experienced anything different than any other couple, BDSM related or not. we were well into our relationship and our marriage when we decided to explore this lifestyle together so i dont really have a comment other than i think its been pretty normal for us.

orchid

Masters_diamond
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi
My Master is a lot younger than me,but we don't have a problem with it. My Master is a very strict Master. I like my Masters to be younger than i am. he is stronger than i

Masters_diamond < Owned slave of Masterdarkone>:wave:

jeanne
07-14-2007, 06:30 AM
My husband's 12 years older than me. Could I submit to someone a good bit younger than me? Probably not - every time I looked at him I'd think of one of my sons - not hot at all! (Although, just seeing a young, naked body... okay now I sound like a old broad - oh, yeah, I am a old broad!)

Seriously, though, he'd have to be pretty strong-minded and strong-willed and mentally mature, then, who knows? Hmmm, might make a good story...

BorderCollie
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi,
My sub is 6 years my senior, and we only had issues really early in our lives however at present we do have a couple of minor problems....

Early on.........

1) She didn't realise she was a sub, and had problems dealing with the fact that she would wet up at the mear mention of the word bondage or submission.

2) She was worried that i'd now opened her eyes that she was a sub, that i'd leave her and she'd not trust anyone else to do what we do again.

3) I would leave anyway for someone younger.

After 10 years of marriage and she's 51 and I'm 45, and a great marriage it has been she now.........

1) Still wets up at the mear talk of bondage, and is so far advanced it isn't funny.

2) Loves the high heels, yet here there is a real high heel craze is ticked off that she can't actually wear them that high.

3) Complains that actual positions are not as easy to stay in, as when she was younger. Maybe heading up the forced "BI" path with her soon, or get her a female to top???

Still, wouldn't swap her for anything! She's a deadset legend! :)

In short, age is only a problem if you let it be a problem. Age is really only a number.

Sir_Russell
07-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Here is my 2 cents worth. I agree that age is a number and what is important is how mature both parties are. If the Dom is not mature enough in both or either life experience and emotional control this would be a real problem for a true sub that isn't looking to top from the bottom.

Youth has problems dealing with anger and such. A young Dom, I speak from my personal experience, may be arrogant and much more concerned with the power given him and less concerned with the sub's growth.

Control is something that has to be learned and that takes time.

pixie_dust
07-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Sir Russell,

Your 2 cents are always worth much more.

Time is something we have plenty of.

Thanks for everyones thoughts.