PDA

View Full Version : General Talk.

Guest 91108
05-03-2007, 02:54 AM
In my opinion...

I think too many jokes are going into the General talk ... This is not a post about anyone but all that is detracting from finding more serious things to read on the board. I like jokes, i like to read them to past time.. but there are too many going in the wrong section.

They should be going into the Fun and Games section. The games section says to post your jokes there. it should be obvious.
The general talk should be about things everyone may wish to read to be informed or learn of something that doesn't fit other sections.

cariad
05-03-2007, 03:47 AM
hmmmmmm....

Has an idea, and waits impatiently for Rabbit to return so I can see what he thinks of it.

cariad

annie
05-03-2007, 06:39 AM
I have to say that I agree with Wolfscout on the general talk/games issue. I have read some of them... and enjoy it in my free time but for the most part I am too the point I don't even open that section because I don't have time to sort through all of it.

I get enough email (which I normally don't read either due to time) with many of those same jokes that having them here as well is just frustrating....

Moving them to fun and games would be helpful... or maybe even a sub forum in the fun and games section? That way when people have time to spare and need a good joke they know where to find it?

Just my two cents worth!

Guest 91108
05-03-2007, 06:57 AM
I agree with annie.... a sub forum in fun and games for them would seperate them from those who wish to play games.

cariad
05-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Lets see what the furry one says when he returns...

cariad

Warbaby1943
05-03-2007, 01:04 PM
In my opinion...

I think too many jokes are going into the General talk ... This is not a post about anyone but all that is detracting from finding more serious things to read on the board. I like jokes, i like to read them to past time.. but there are too many going in the wrong section.

They should be going into the Fun and Games section. The games section says to post your jokes there. it should be obvious.
The general talk should be about things everyone may wish to read to be informed or learn of something that doesn't fit other sections.
First I have to say I agree with you. Your comment may not be directed at anyone in particular but I know I am guilty of it.

I have tried to keep most of my posts of a humorous nature to the fun and games forum ever since Talia asked me to do that about 8 months ago. Plus she moved a lot of my posts there after we discussed it. I for one will try to not post anything that could be considered humorous there any longer and I appoligize for any inconvienience it may have cause anyone.

I hope that helps with all the complaints I've read lately about so many posts being devoted to the fun and games section. It is not only this forum I read this type of complaint either. It always starts out with something like, "I have nothing against fun and games but....." Hopefully if all humorous comments and posts are kept to the fun and games forum they can easily be avoided by anyone wishing to do so.

ceegee{Benz}
05-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I am sorry as well. as i am the main culprit here for this. If someone had contacted me before hand then I would have stopped posting there.

if a sub forum is placed in the fun and games section then please feel free to move my stuff over to there.
Untill then I will stop posting the jokes.

again I appologise

ceegee

cariad
05-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Ohhhhhh, now that I do not like the sound of. Particularly with some fairly heavy stuff going on here at the moment I love the light relief of some humour.

:(

cariad

Warbaby1943
05-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Ohhhhhh, now that I do not like the sound of. Particularly with some fairly heavy stuff going on here at the moment I love the light relief of some humour.

:(

cariad
Well cariad as far as I am concerned I do get a little tired of all the complaints about the fun and game section having all the posts. It is as I said above a "but..." comment that starts it every time.

If we keep all our humorous posts to one forum we can still have the fun and games area, keep everything and anything remotely humorous there. Then let those that are offended by the fun and games posts be able to easily ignore that forum.

With the ability to check "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" I never found it all that troublesome to find what I wanted to read.

Seems this place is going through some growing pains and I don't envy you at all. Sorry about this post but I feel I have been silent on this subject way too long. Since I am one who really enjoys the fun and games forum I naturally want to see it survive.

MajesticFae
05-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I'd like to see a sub forum in the fun and games strictly for jokes and such. I know a lot of times those that are posted in there get lost because of how rapidly we play the games in there.

cariad
05-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I agree with you MajesticFae, but the creation or deletion of sub forums is ultimately in Rabbit's gift, so even if anything is going to happen, it will not be until after he has not only returned but cleared his desk.

Yes, I think there could be a housekeeping issue here, but my feelings are nothing is seriously broken, so why rush in to mend it.

Warbaby, I stand with you on there being a place for both serious discussion, knowledge exchange, light hearted discussion, jokes and games. We are free to view which forums we wish, and hopefully we can fairly soon find a suitable home for jokes.

Off to find something to keep me smiling...

cariad

Guest 91108
05-03-2007, 02:07 PM
ceegee like my initial post said I'm not against the jokes. hell i need them sometimes.
bady today especially.

ceegee{Benz}
05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
As I said I wont be posting any more jokes until a suitable home has been found for them.
In the mean time I shall be saving all the good ones I recieve and then put them in their rightful home when 1 is found or created.

As fae said jokes get lost in the rush and the frenzy of the fun and games forum and sometimes is good to have a joke here or there in general talk. I would never consider putting one in my bdsm life or other places like that.

I have never had any complaints at all nor have I been approached on the matter. In fact for the most I have been thanked by all who read them.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by all this and if I have I appologise again.

ceegee

Warbaby1943
05-03-2007, 02:35 PM
As I said I wont be posting any more jokes until a suitable home has been found for them.
In the mean time I shall be saving all the good ones I recieve and then put them in their rightful home when 1 is found or created.

As fae said jokes get lost in the rush and the frenzy of the fun and games forum and sometimes is good to have a joke here or there in general talk. I would never consider putting one in my bdsm life or other places like that.

I have never had any complaints at all nor have I been approached on the matter. In fact for the most I have been thanked by all who read them.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by all this and if I have I appologise again.

ceegee

As I said, I was approached about it by Talia about 8 months ago so I have tried to not post in the General Talk area too much. I agree with you though that jokes do get lost in the fun and games forum but if anyone really wants to read them they will find them. In the meantime there is the Joke Of The Day forum you could put your jokes in.

ceegee{Benz}
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
^ ty

might check it out but as I said...I wont be posting the jokes until further notice

Warbaby1943
05-03-2007, 04:15 PM
^ ty

might check it out but as I said...I wont be posting the jokes until further notice

That's a shame for more than one reason. Not the least of which is you are leaving me in front of the firing squad all alone. LOL

ceegee{Benz}
05-03-2007, 11:57 PM
That's a shame for more than one reason. Not the least of which is you are leaving me in front of the firing squad all alone. LOL

LOL
I never leave a comrad alone to face the music.
soooooo.............
I am leaving a card board cut out of me for you to keep you company during this time...ROL

ceegee

cariad
05-04-2007, 01:39 AM
I am sure both Benz and Warbaby would agree, a cardboard cut out of you is a very poor substitute.

cariad

ceegee{Benz}
05-04-2007, 01:48 AM
true...but in the current situation the cardboard cut out is a safe bet LMAO and I coulda left warbaby alone...this way he has company LMAOOOOOOOOO

Plus Benz likes my body intact!!

MMI
05-04-2007, 03:35 AM
ummmm ... are we joking in here now???

Afterthought: Oh - and I like the idea of a sub forum for jokes ... but why can't doms have one too?

Warbaby1943
05-04-2007, 03:38 AM
ummmm ... are we joking in here now???

Afterthought: Oh - and I like the idea of a sub forum for jokes ... but why can't doms have one too?
Not sure I see any jokes here. At least nothing I could define as a joke except your final comment. A good one too. LOL

MMI
05-04-2007, 03:46 AM
In that case, forget I mentioned it

Warbaby1943
05-04-2007, 03:53 AM
In that case, forget I mentioned it

Why, I like your suggestion.