PDA

View Full Version : Initiative in a Sub?Your Thoughts

caitstuart
05-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello, I'm new, both to the Forums and to BDSM (sub side for me!)...<whew> that being said, I'll get to the point! My question is (to all Doms/Dommes/Masters/Mistresses)...how much initiative in a sub do you all (yes, I AM southern!) appreciate? Is initiative something You encourage? If so, how much would be "stepping over the line"?...i expect a variety of responses, as yep, everyone is different, but i just wanted to get some ideas, here! (again, i am soooooooo new!)

i'll also give some specifics as to why i came up with my question. Perhaps that will help you see my mindset. I have an online (only) Dom, and lately His workload has bitten into "Our time" together (please read: interuptions!) I am a lil frustrated, but last time this happened, He asked me to write an email in continuation of our online "session". I did so, and got a very nice response/thank you for it. I also enjoyed it so much, that I took it upon myself to write another. This time, no suggestion/request on His part. I am waiting for a reply, but that got me to thinking. I certainly tried to tailor it to His tastes (mine, too), but sometimes writing has a life of it's own! Some of what i wrote is just pure speculation as to what He'd enjoy. So, i boiled my question down to the degree of initiative, if any, that Doms/Dommes/Masters/Mistresses appreciated (or DISLIKED) in a sub/slave. Again, i know tastes range, but i would certainly appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. Thanks!

Flaming_Redhead
05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Doing things to please your dominant is what it's all about. For you to do something that you know is pleasing without being asked shows that you are eager and willing which is what dominants look for. As long as the motivation is correct, i.e. pleasing the dominant rather than trying to manipulate a situation, it will be looked upon favorably.

Guest 91108
05-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I am in agreement with Red.
If you have learnt your Dom/ SO / bf well enough to be able to do pleasing acts without them being requested.. i would call that an advancement that would be very commendable.

Rhabbi
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I would say that most Doms appreciate initiative in there subs.

*gia*
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I think initiative is great however, from my point of view, being new myself, (about one year), I desire to be trained by my Master. I desire to please Him, that is my drive and to give Him all that is his heart's desire. Therefore, I personally get more out of it when my Master takes the initiative and teaches me and molds me into what He seeks. Smiles, hello cait!