PDA

View Full Version : Meet Terror Mickey!

gagged_Louise
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, it's many decades since Disney openly allowed Donald, Goofy and the rest to appear in political cartoons [like, the brilliant Der Fuehrer's Face of 1943) but others are ripping of the roster of Duckburg. Check out this about a palestinian children's tv show, where a guy looking very much like Mickey Mouse is inciting the kids, in very thinly-veiled words, to fight Israel and the west:

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,660218947,00.html

"Children call in to the show, many singing Hamas anthems about fighting Israel.
Palestinian Media Watch, an Israeli organization that monitors Palestinian media, said the Mickey Mouse lookalike takes "every opportunity to indoctrinate young viewers with teachings of Islamic supremacy, hatred of Israel and the U.S., and support of 'resistance,' the Palestinian euphemism for terror. Israeli officials denounced the program Tuesday. ".

the tv image leaves no doubt about the inspiration for Farfour's looks...

nk_lion
05-09-2007, 09:05 PM
This would be funny if those kids watching that TV show won't end up blowing themselves up in the name of religion.

And it's odd that such an anti-US channel would use a US cartoon character.

Rhabbi
05-10-2007, 07:49 AM
This would be funny if those kids watching that TV show won't end up blowing themselves up in the name of religion.

And it's odd that such an anti-US channel would use a US cartoon character.

It is because they are unable to think for themselves. Even those who are the leaders of these groups do not truly understand the thought processes involved in critical thinking, and are thus unable to make a creative decision for themselves.

gagged_Louise
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I agree that the lack of creative decisions in the Israel/Palestine morass is a very troubling question, but this guy makes me wionder, most of all, what Disney's lawyers will be doing... ;)

nk_lion
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I doubt Disney is going to sue Hamas, it will only be a waste of their own time and money to sue a group that pretty much owns the legal system in that jurisdiction.

tessa
05-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Disney and terrorism in the same sentence. What is this world coming to??

~sad sigh~

TomOfSweden
05-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Yes, but wasn't the news that Hammas had it removed because they agreed with the Israeli govornement that targeting kids with this was not cool? Not that they hate Israel any less, they just agreed with them that hating Israel should come as a result of enlightened adulthood, not indoctrination. I just thought it was a funny thing of Hammas of all organisation to say.

Guest 91108
05-11-2007, 07:51 AM
I don't find a sliver of anything funny in a human event that has been more or less ongoing for several thousand of years. and i don't see any progress being made in it that will alter the next thousand either.