PDA

View Full Version : Remember Me

_ID_
05-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't very often post things related to the war in the middle east.

Please remember.

http://www. youtube.com/watch?v=ervaMPt4Ha0

annie
05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
*wiping away the tears*

Thanks ID for reminding all of us...

Warbaby1943
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks

caligirl{Rob}
05-11-2007, 05:52 PM
HUGS! ty ID this meant a lot as my dear friend (known each other since thrown in playpen together at two years old) is sending her husband of 19 years to Iraq on sunday

hugs
cali

tessa
05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
~grabbing more tissue~

I want the whole world to see that.

Thanks, ID.

tessa

cariad
05-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Thank you ID - whatever we may think of the reasons for the troops being out there - they are there, and they matter.

cariad

^firefly^
05-12-2007, 05:21 PM
ID, thanks for posting this *as I'm crying like a girl*...

I'm proud to be from a military family. I'm glad my father's in the reserves instead of active duty, but my middle brother is out there now, on lockdown, getting ready to ship out very soon. I'll always be proud of them both.

I love you, Will. Come back safe.

Radiance
05-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Can you please post the addy again as it wont work for me

tessa
05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Can you please post the addy again as it wont work for me

Copy and paste the addy into your address window, then before hitting 'enter', delete the space after www. It should work for you then.

Rhabbi
05-14-2007, 09:39 AM
We often forget that there are faces and families behind all those numbers. Thank you.

Radiance
05-14-2007, 11:35 AM
ID thanks for emailing me ,it worked ,your very sweet to send me the addy again xoxoxxoxo

_ID_
05-14-2007, 04:30 PM
ID thanks for emailing me ,it worked ,your very sweet to send me the addy again xoxoxxoxo

you're quite welcome!

nightsilver
05-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Actually you can just copy the part after the space to watch it just find. The http://www. isn't needed.

Regardless, I do feel I can support the troops but not support the war. I feel the video tried to blur the line there. That, and the troops personal reasons for joining the military are not specifically the reason the government has deployed them.

midi
08-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Dear ID,

i need to thank you for posting this. The Love of my life is overseas (not in Iraq, but another place where i worry about him ever single day) right now and this video brought tears to my eyes. There are many people that appreciate and are very grateful for the sacrifices you all make. Thank you.

midi

Sir_Russell
08-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Let us not go the way of vietnam please. I marched and protested the war, but I knew the troops were not there by choice. Let us not go back to spitting on troops because they served our country, let us spit on those that sent them there for reasons of greed etc.

Logic1
08-15-2007, 04:37 AM
behind every death there is a mother, a father a brother or sister or children wife or husband.

200 iraquis dead yesterday due to a bomb + 15 more in another bombing.
Not something Americans did but some Iraquis did to other Iraquis. Nasty business killing your own.

Personally I dont think Iraq could have gone much "better" or differently but then on the other hand, war is an ugly business no matter who and why and what and where.
I hope the US troops can go back safely soon and the Iraqui people can live in peace again.
No man in his right mind wants another Vietnam or Afghanistan or Northern Ireland or anything like that.