PDA

View Full Version : Conatct Lenses (Opaque)

BorderCollie
01-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi Ya People,
After watching a BDSM DVD the other night with my sub, we saw a girl have some opaque contact lenses that effectively blinded the sub.
My sub has asked for a pair of these contacts that will do away with the blindfold we use at times.
Been looking around the net, and can't seem to find them, Can anyone please help?????

Cheers

BorderCollie

P.S. Great forum!

BDSM_Tourguide
01-15-2004, 07:33 AM
They may be purchased through LensQuest (http://www.lensquest.com/scripts/productLens.asp/prodID=527/cm_catID=deptID7/cur=1) for $54.95 USD per vial.

As far as I can tell, out of the five major online contact services, LensQuest is the only one that carries them. You will, no doubt need a prescription from your doctor before you order them.

AndrewBlack
01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Prescription!? What is the medical indication for opaque contact lenses I wonder ?

slavelucy
01-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AndrewBlack
Prescription!? What is the medical indication for opaque contact lenses I wonder ?

LOL! i was just thinking the same thing! Maybe they improve some people's driving....i.e. - best to see nothing and just hope for the best!

*thinks* Maybe i should order a pair...

sl

BDSM_Tourguide
01-15-2004, 10:15 AM
For two reason, you would need a prescription:

1. The company won't mail them to you without one.

2. The comany from which you are ordering needs to know the shape of your eye, the curve of your ocular lens and whether there are any considerations to be concerned about, such as astygmatism or an irregularity in your lens or retina.

slavelucy
01-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
For two reason, you would need a prescription:

1. The company won't mail them to you without one.

2. The comany from which you are ordering needs to know the shape of your eye, the curve of your ocular lens and whether there are any considerations to be concerned about, such as astygmatism or an irregularity in your lens or retina.

Yeah...i think what Andrew meant was the condition for which they would be prescribed for....i.e. using the word prescription as we understand it, in a narrow, not broad sense.

sl

AndrewBlack
01-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Indeed. Also the company is obviously unaware, in this instance, of the futility of knowing the characteristics of your ocular lens, with or without astigmatism, and hence the focal characteristics of your eyes. The blanket treatment of - no vision at all - should I'm sure cover all bases regardless of your normal vision!

mica
01-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Tell the doc that you cannot sleep if there is any light entering the room. All forms of blinds and shades have failed to produce the desired results and you would like to try the opaque lens. Some types of soft disposable lens allow users to sleep in them.

Curtis
01-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Another good reason for the lens company to require a prescription is that it would imply that the customer has been counseled by a professional, especially as to how to keep the lenses clean. Every year around Hallowe'en there's a rash (pardon the double entendre) of people who get serious eye infections from wearing 'extreme' contacts (sports logos, tigereyes, etc.) and not knowing how to maintain them properly.

kittenfemme
01-19-2004, 10:45 PM
That's a fabulous idea mica!