PDA

View Full Version : Omega Submissive?

caitstuart
05-16-2007, 05:49 AM
I heard this term in a passing conversation.....can't remember the context, exactly. Anyone know what an "omega submissive" is?....(of course, that sort of begs the question regarding an "alpha sub"...but i think i could figure that one out). Thanks for any input!

~hellish one~
05-16-2007, 06:10 AM
i found this quote about alpha submissives -

The submissive alpha female is a woman who is strong, confident, bold, and assertive in her life and her dealings with people in general – but who wants a dominant man in her life because she finds it sexually exciting to be dominated by a strong, powerful man. She might or might not be in a position of authority at work; but she has a personality and a level of competence such that she could be in such a position and command respect.

in that respect...i would assume that an omega submissive was submissive in his/her day to day life as well as in a D/s relationship. i don't think being an omega submissive would prevent you from being in a position of authority at work or anything...i just think omega submissives project their submissiveness more in their day to day lives than alpha submissives do.

i'm glad this topic came up though because that is NOT what i thought alpha and omega submissives meant at all! for some reason i was thinking more along the lines of 2 submissives in a relationship with a Dominant...1 being the alpha sub...does that make sense?

heck hopefully someone else with more knowledge on all this can help us out here! lol

Dragon's muse
05-16-2007, 06:25 AM
i know that in animals the omega animal is the most submissive in the pack -- meaning they are submissive to all the others, not just the alphas. Uncertain how that term would apply to human dynamics.

gagged_Louise
05-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Well, we've all heard of men of power who enjoy being bound and flogged by a dominatrix - that would fit the bill for male alpha subs, though the idea of a woman of outward authority enjoying bondage/spanking in the same way, ummm less common, but *thinks of one of the head people responsible for this forum* ;)

gloombunny
05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
i'm glad this topic came up though because that is NOT what i thought alpha and omega submissives meant at all! for some reason i was thinking more along the lines of 2 submissives in a relationship with a Dominant...1 being the alpha sub...does that make sense?

That's the only meaning of "alpha sub" I'd heard of before this thread. I assumed omega sub would be be the, er, bottom-most sub in a group like that.