Quote Originally Posted by sisterhoney61 View Post
A domineering person is like my ex-husband who could disappear for days at a time and I wasn't allowed to ask him where he'd been or who he'd been with. But have me leave for two hours and I had to go through an interrogation when I came back home. A domineering person doesn't care for another's welfare or supports her when she needs it or is there for her. A domineering person rules by abuse, whether by physical, sexual, emotional, verbal or mental.

A Dominant is someone whom has earned your trust and respect, who leads by example, who is there to nurture you and to help you grow as a person. He is someone who cares for you and treats you as the treasure that you are. He supports you and is there for you. He honors and cherishes you.
i would imagine that to be domineering is to be manipulative, and looking to a favorable end to the domineerors (is that even a word?) means...in other words, out for themselves....

....but to be in the presence of a true Dominant... is to know that your best interests are being watched out for and cared about...IMHO... (and speaking from experience)
Very nicely put sisterhoney & butterflySlave4U. The difference between a Dom & a bully have rarely been so well defined.