Thanks everyone, your input has helped give me a much clearer view!

Quote Originally Posted by GearJammer{kuriouspet} View Post
You are worried about losing this good thing or this good Master. OK. If this is a good thing and/or he is a good Master, then you won't lose it over ensuring your safety since he is not there to ensure it for you ("there" meaning you can touch him, not "there on the net"). If you do lose it, then it wasn't that good thing or he wasn't that good Master.

That sounds WAY over simplified, I know. Believe me, this is one time that simple says it all.

Enjoy what you have for now.

Watch it to see where it grows.

Look at it in terms of what it is today, not in terms of what the worst thing is that it might become in the future.
I remember my father teaching me how to ride a bicycle when I was about 5 or 6. "You're gonna go where you are looking, son, whether you want to or not, so keep looking ahead, not off to one side or the other for more than a quick glance." It took me a long time to admit he was right. If I was going down the road but looking off to the right, I'd drift to the right. Same thing here. Don't look at all the "what if" scenarios very much, or you'll subconsciously direct your relationship there, cause that's what you're prepared to deal with (so in an odd way, you're directing it toward your comfort zone, because of preparation).

Best of luck.

PS, your concerns about pics on the internet are well founded. Send him one and it will exist on your computer, his computer, and all the various servers between you. Even if nothing ever comes of what's on his computer (including perhaps, theft of a his laptop, not mentioned above), there are still all those servers.......
Yikes, I hadn't even considered that. I'll take that into consideration. Thanks, GJ.