Quote Originally Posted by denuseri View Post
The only reason one would need it for a public club proper would be if one was intending to up and leave with someone they didnt know and go elsewhere.
My main concern isn't about any danger within the club, but my travelling alone to and from the club - hence the need, IMO, for somebody to know where it is I'm going. Only last night I was waiting for a bus home in the early hours (with a female friend) and a guy approached us at the bus stop asking for sex and not taking our disinterest as an answer. Another guy was also waiting for the bus and I asked him if he could possibly help us and he just started laughing with the other guy (who by this point had said he was going to follow us home on the bus). In the end I waved down a taxi, the driver whom very kindly gave us a free ride back home after I'd explained our situation and that we had no money just our travel ticket. Thus why I feel the need to let somebody know exactly where I'm going whatever it is I'm doing if I'm going alone...

Hence returning back to how if I say I'm going to a club alone, it poses the question "well why can't I come too?"