I’ve personally witness rituals that including the use of blood (in one the participants even drank each others blood mixed with wine in a chalice for their hand fastening, in the other menstrual blood was used, and I’ve seen more than one ritual preformed where a simple "finger prick" was used to get a drop of blood, and I wont bother going into the use of other bodily fluids or rituals involving the afterbirth from one's pregnancy, even though they are also quite common in rituals of many tribal societies as well as some pagan/wiccan sects) one coven event I attended included a full on animal sacrifice complete with a stone altar upon which the animals throat was cut, a libation was poured on the ground and the organs were burned after auspices were taken.

Not all pagan/wiccan sects have the same standardized practices you know, some of them like the hallal, jews and other tribal societies, still follow what they consider to be the old path in their rituals over politically correct contemporary practices.