Hope I've placed this thread the right place....

I've just come of the phone with a man, a Dom, I've been chatting with and talking on the phone with for some time. This time we more or less decided to meet next week. I'm all giddy with excitement, but at the same time really nervous, bordering on afraid. (Though in a good way )

He seems like an experienced, thoughtful man, he's very concerned about my safety, well-being and that I feel good about, what's going to happen. About the meeting he wants me to give his address to a friend, arrange phone-calls etc. so I feel like he's one to trust...

I've been wanting to have my first experience with BDSM for a LONG time now, but I still don't want to rush into things, so I guess, what I'm asking here, is confirmation, that I'm doing the right thing, that I'm not running into something dangerous (which I hear about all the time, and that's certainly not a big help, when I'm a little nervous about it already).

Can I take more precautions than giving a friend his address, meeting in public, arrange to phone a friend after meeting him etc???
Just please reassure me, that what I'm about to do, is not all wrong... I want this SO much... I'm practically panting here

Hope this doesn't seem too confusing...

Duetta