Level Two Assignments

Here are the assignments for Level two. You may start the first one as soon as you get access to this level. After that, please wait until I have told you to move onto the next assignment.

ASSIGNMENT ONE

Read the two articles at the top of the level - How I can become a better writer and More general writing tips. I want you to let me know what you liked about the readings, including points such as what tips you think might help you, what things you already do, what tips can't you wait to try or what tips don't make a lot of sense to you etc. Please feel free to add any other comments you have on the readings.

ASSIGNMENT TWO

Here you get to pull apart a chapter of a story. In most cases it will be a first draft or from an older story in need of help!

I want you to nit-pick. Think about the puctuation, spellings, paragraphing, the flow of the story, what you would add or take away.

On the practical side, you are to cut and paste the story, and show how you would edit the chapter. I don't want you to rewrite the chapter, rather I want you to say what you would change and why. Put your thoughts in a different colour beside the part you would change, so it is easy to see.

You can find the stories in a seperate sticky, just pick one to work on and cut and paste it into a word document. Once you have edited the story, paste it into a new post.

ASSIGNMENT THREE

I now get to see an example of your writing! You are to go back to the chapter you pulled apart and do one of following tasks:-

1. Rewrite the chapter from the point of view of one of the characters.

2. Write a short story about the background of one of the characters mentioned in the chapter.

3. Write a chapter that you think might happen further on in the story. I would like it to include at least one of the characters in the chapter you reviewed, but feel welcome to add any other characters you might like.

I hope you all enjoy Level Two and find it worthwhile and fun. Please PM me with any ideas, questions or comments.

Thanks for your time and your willingness to learn.

Aussiegirl