Hello Ya'll,

My question involves the names of characters that are 'published' in the BDSM Library. Over 6 months ago, I read an unfinished story on this site. (I use the term 'story' loosely, as it has only 3 poorly developed, named characters and is more like an outline with a shattering of dialogue.) However, I did like the story and was disappointed that it only contains 2 charpters, the last of which lacks a conclusion. I found the story so interesting, I decided to write my own expanded version, which has nearly 10 times the number of characters and is presently 18 chapters long. The author, who I have emailed, is claiming propitory rights to the character name 'Judge Fair' and place name 'Greenville'. In his story, Greenville is mensioned only once and Judge Fair seems to be a minor character. Even though my story uses variations of these names, not the exact names, the other author considers my work to be plageristic. Does he have a ligitimate claim ? Can he prevent me from having my story 'published' on this site ? If so, then how can ANY author write a story using the same, or similar, names that have EVER appeared in ANY previously written story ?

If this is the case, I wish to formerly assert, that I have the exclusive rights to the letter 'e' and wish all other authors to refrain from using it in the future, unless they pay me a royalty fee.

Tell me what you think.

oldpervert1