My Dominant and I were recently talking about the degree a submissive is active or passive in her D/s relationship. Naturally it's a matter of what each particular Dom/Domme and sub couple prefers. I know my Dominant appreciates when I take it upon myself to show him my submission. We are nearly 24/7 so while we are almost always "in role" the level of D/s varies between a low constant buzz and loud rhythmic screams

If the level of D/s is low and I have a craving to 'kick it up a notch' I'm encouraged to show him this by demonstrating my submission to him (kneeling at his feet, nuzzling his thigh with my cheek, presenting my body to him in our specified way, asking him to use me for deep-throating, or even writing him D/s focused poetry or a story). This is also the way I demonstrate there is something I want to ask of him. If he allows me to, I ask respectfully for whatever it is I want/need.

I know it is hard to be a Dom/Domme, constantly being relied upon to 'make things happen' .... so every so often I try to help take the 'pressure' off and use my OWN creativity. Instead of just waiting for the next command (throw a dog a bone) I try to show him my submission and inspire/initiate things while still being respectful and in my place (ie. not topping from the bottom!).

Doms- What things does your submissive do already, if anything, to "actively and creatively submit" to you (that don't involve you commanding him/her to do it)? Are there certain things you'd like your sub (real or yet-to-come) to do/do more of? Do you appreciate it when your sub 'actively/creatively submits' on occassion or would you rather always be the one to initiate with him/her always passive?

subs- What do you do, if anything, to actively submit to your Dom/Domme? What other creative things do you come up with? What are his/her thoughts and does he/she appreciate it?