I am new here and I have a question about Mentoring.

Let me give you a little bit of background so you will understand where I am coming from.

I am currently in a relationship with a novice DOM. He as been very interested in this life style for as long as he could remember but just never go around to it, intil he met me.

I was introduced to the life style several years ago and played with a great couple who taught me a lot about BDSM and I realized where I fitted in and that I was a sub and loved it (still do). I have been out of the life style for 5 years due to work and being out of the country (may job takes a lot of my time). So you could consider me a novice sub, because I am re-learning and learning something new everyday, but us that not true of every aspect of life (okay I am getting of track here).

WE meet through our work and spent three years getting to know wach other as co-workers, then as friends and no here we are.

I relized he was a DOM very earlier in our friendship, he would even tell you that he did not truly realized this until I told him. We have been talking about this for the past year, yes for a year. I believe this is something you do not take lightly and you need alot of trust and understanding between two people (again I am getting off track, sorry)

Just this week I told him that I thought it would be a very good idea to have a DOM that he could ommunicate with, learn from and become a mentor for him. He thought it was a good idea, but mentioned something interesting. he thought it would be better to learn from a DOMME. He feels that psychologically a DOMME would be able to understand my needs as a sub better then a DOM and that he would be able to get a woman's prespective. As he put it, a man will never truly understand a woman, better then a woman can understand another woman, DOMME sub, slave or not. I thought it was a valid point.

So my assignment is to find a DOMME or even a DOM for him to learn from and become a mentor (we understand that this would be a growing relationship) I on the other hand do not have a preference of him having a DOMME or a DOM.

So what do you all think about this? Can anyone give me some advice, point me in the right direction?

Also I would love to talk with another sub out there if possible.

Thanks in advance!