This subject has come up before and some of you who know me must have groaned when you saw my name and the subject! Without going into my personal situation…I want to pose the question…

How do you make the distinction between an online relationship and a real life one?

Online relationships have become such a reality these days. I’m only 45, which will sound old to some and young to others…but I’ve been involved with computers since before they invented the internet and I have seen the whole progression since aol version 1.0 for DOS came out. I tried online dating…it was a disaster. Tried online relationships…found that it can hurt as much as a real one with none of the fringe benefits. I’d love to hear about some of your experiences. I’ve heard the great stories about people who meet online and wind up happily married…and I’ve heard the horror stories about people who leave their families for an online lover…only to wind up alone in 3 months.

I see a lot of drama going on in our chat and wonder how everyone feels about it. I try to keep my perspective that the Internet is nothing more than entertainment…like television. But then you start chatting with someone, talking on the phone…web cam, exchanging pictures…and who knows how this will wind up impacting your life.

This may be boring to some…unlike “Personal Pics”…but I know there are many of you who will have a strong opinion on the subject. I’d really love to hear them.