What worries me is the establishment of some form (or ANY form, for that matter) of Sharia Law, allowing the Islamic hierarchy broad powers within the state, effectively setting up a religious dictatorship. No matter who gets elected as President, he will have to bow to the clerics who will really run the country. As in Iran and many other countries.
whats sharia ? the islamic sharia itself recommends the civil state not a cleric one ,yes some radical islamics interpret sharia in different way but they're so so few and all over my life i have never met one of them in person ,know why ? cause 1- they're minority ...so how can minority take control of the scene !!
2- most of them were kicked out of Egypt during the 70th and 80th ,the rest were sent to prisons after the Luxur violence in 1997 ,even some of them gave up their radical ideas after 1997

so they don't really exist but what happens that the dectators intimidates you by telling you that if they fall then radicals would gain the power but in fact its just a trick to get external support for their repressing regimes

I have no problem with people viewing the US as an enemy. Hell, in some ways we probably are. While the hearts and minds of the US people are with the people of Egypt, or Iran, or Iraq, US politicians are more concerned with how much money their corporate leash-holders can squeeze from these countries.
the relationship between US and Egypt is based on mutual interest ,thats why I doubts that the next ruler of Egypt -no matter what- will ruin that relation , yes US needs Egypt but guess what ,Egypt needs US as well
the thing is US still shows support to Mubarak regime , Obama's envoy to Egypt said 2 days ago that Mubarak must be supported !! ,after seeing millions in streets shouting Mubarak out ,the amserican envoy still thinks about supporting Mubarak

Not sure what you mean by "Guide of the republic", but the democracy in Iran is a sham, not too unlike the phony democracy of the old Soviet Union or the current regime in Egypt, even. Even Ahmadinejad's powers are constrained by the Sharia Court, which holds the real power in the country. And I'm pretty sure none of the members of that court were elected by the people.
Guide of republic is Ali Khamenei , he's supposed to be a judge between the political parties in Iran but the constitution their gives him many authorities ,these authorities make him the true leader of Iran and yes people don't choose him directly but he's chosen through a committee ,it would be so good for them to get rid of him
btw ,the democracy in Iran has nothing to do with the one in the soviet union ,they can choose president freely ,and president can't stay for more than 8 years ,also they have parties

again ,you don't really know what is sharia ,its not sharia's fault that these dictators are that way ,the sharia says that people should choose their leader but these dictators intimidate everyone showing them that they're defending something ,for external parties ,they're defending the civil state so that it won't fall in the hands of radicals
and for internal parties ,they're defending their honor ,religion ...whatever