Quote Originally Posted by denuseri View Post
<< Would like to thank Klad for having the courage to come forth and post here. I am glad he has internet access at all. It is hard to find out what is really happening over there.

<<<doesnt like how my government is attempting to softly support the current regime there while the people of America appear to obviously want the egyptian people to be free.

I will be praying that my brother's and sisters in Egypt find which ever form of government they mutually desire for themselves after they over throw their dictator.
thank you my dear for your nice words and your prayings as well

well ,now ,its supposed to be a negotiations going on between the regime and the opposition ,its mainly about changing the constitution so people can candidate for presidency freely and the president can't stay longer than 2 periods

in my opinion US will play a considerable part in the transition ,cause US can press or influence the Army's leader (who have the true authorities right now in Egypt) to execute its agenda ,so we will see whether the united states will support a democratic transition or will endeavor to form another dictatorship ...!!!
if the 2d thing happen ,then i would expect volience cause people will never accept that ,US has a bad history supporting the dictatorships ,we all remember what had happened in Chile when US supported a coup over a democracy there ...