I started talking to my sister about all this as soon as I started getting interested in it. So she has been on this ride with me from day one. I tell her a lot, yet leave out the really personal details that I feel may be a bit much for her to handle.

My entire family is aware that I am into all this, and let me advise that if you are going to tell them at all a little detail can go a long way! They all know I am involved in a kinky lifestyle and that I am the s part of a D/s relationship. (I think it would have been easier for them to understand me as a Dom) I didn't go into too much detail because I thought it made them uncomfortable. Turns out for the first two years they thought I was going to swinger parties! I had to sit them down and explain just what this lifestyle it about. They were much happier after that, and a lot more understanding of my choice.

Thanks for letting me know you thought I was doing half of Austin mom! LOL

When I was meeting my boy for the first time I made him tell someone where he was going and why. I set up a meeting in a public place, and he simply told a friend that he was going to meet someone he met online and where we were meeting at. In the event that something happened to him at least people would know where to start looking. There are video cameras everywhere and that helps with safety. I highly recommend meeting in a public place the first few times.