Quote Originally Posted by ami_r90 View Post
Do you mean that most submissives you know will engage in play (without sex) with others but remain monogamous to their dominant, or that they are exclusively in a relationship with their dominant and will not participate in play scenes with anyone else? Thanks.
That most submissives will stay committed with a dominant, and not play with others.

I've seen people in committed relationships take on someone new for mentorship. For instance, a submissive is new, and wants to know what a flogger feels like. A Dom, whose actions and opinions the new sub trusts, and being in a committed relationship, could flog the submissive simply for the experience of it. The action could be anything really, caning single tails spanking flogging bondage needles, pick a topic. All that is required between the parties involved is that someone is going to get to experience the bottom or top side of whatever activity they are asking about. Another example of this would be if I knew a new Dominant who's got very little experience but is eager to learn but has nobody to learn with, I would show them on my sub the techniques I use, and then using my submissive I would allow them to try out what they learned while watching very closely to ensure they did things correctly. This instills both confidence and gives much needed experience that submissives are seeking from available Doms. The level of trust given by my sub to the new Dom is that they would follow my instruction, and not hurt her. No sex was negotiated or expected, as that isn't part of what was to be learned. That's the culmination of the experience for some, not the bulk of the activity.