I was just thinking about posting the same question ...

I am amazed at recent events in the middle east.
So we are for democracy in Egypt,Tunisia,and Libya, but not in Yemen, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia? I'm confused.

And wasnt Qaddafi just recently one of our best allies in The War on Terror? Yeah hes been a good boy, renounced all his bad ways, and was helping us fight Al Qaeda (which is who he said started this whole uprising)
and now we just spent a quick $100 million (ahem ... where's the freaking Tea Partiers when you need them?) "protecting" innocent civilians by killing people. mmmhmmm ... yeah thats a proven strategy alright. Already we are one plane down, but Lockheed Martin doesnt mind, they have a brand new F- whatever to replace it with for a measly $300 + mil. (on a serious note, thankfully the f-15 crew is safe) Oh wait ... even that news is tainted with "6 civilians shot during pilot rescue" headlines ... now were those the innocent civilians, or the Libyian Military civilians, the bad mercenary civilians or the evil Al Qaeda civilians? cause you know depending on which that may be good or bad.

Ah crap now im all confused as to where my rant was headed ... and that about the state of things folks ... its all so confusing.

But who cares? I mean, this is the kind of war we like ... we get to go in, take apart another country's military structure with incredible lethality and efficiency, put it on the news for entertainment, woo hoo gunboat diplomacy at its best!
Brilliant! Im superbly confident that our wise leaders will hand this mess off to someone else before we have to stop blowing up Qaddafi's forces and start blowing up the rebel forces, right? or maybe the rebels have a way to conduct a civil war without killing any innocent civilians? That would be a nice change.

All I can say is its a good thing we aren't attacking yet another Muslim country with an oil industry, because that probably wouldn't look so good for us in the Middle East right now. I mean, even if the Arab League (so well know for its decisive and quick actions, oh and don't forget undying loyalty) came knocking on the UN door and asked for help theres no way we could be THAT dumb ... right?

~ sarcastically saddened,
Tantric