I'm really glad to have read this thread.

As an aspiring male Dom I think this has had some very valueable points that I need to add to my own fetish philosiphy before I take a slave.

I thinks this or somethign similar will be the most important addition I have found in this thread "From the start, I was taught that to submit your will, body, mind and whole self to your Master/Dom/me, you must first have confidence and be self aware. How can you give something to another that you are not yourself possessed of?" This much more efficiently expresses that which I feel the need to impress upon a slavegirl before training her. I'm very glad you said this and I hope I can figure out a way to place this in my fetish philosophy.

In any case I absolutely agree in every level. The purpose of Dominance/submission should not be to denigrate the submissive or feminimity (as I am a Heteorsexual Male Dominant) but to allow her the opportunity to express herself in a way she could not otherwise. It is a decision all her own and she cannot make it in an attitude of low self-esteem. She has a right to submit and a right to leave.

Forgive me if this sounds plagiaristic, I am trying to figure out how to communicate such with a submissive of my own.

"She immediately started to spill, talking about how her Owner was a higher class than her, better than her, smarter than her and how she was lucky that he was letting her be there. She talked about her past relationship (abusive of course) and how her Owner had given this last guy roughly six bucks and some clove cigarettes for her."

I think I feel sorry for her, I hope she finds her way to a better life, submissive or otherwise.

I don't really see why the submissive has to be seen as "lower", I mean I don't see any reason why she can't be "higher" than her propertier. I'm actually right now a less educated guy, I am working my way through college (with a little difficulty) and I do want to graduate college, but I don't really want to be some type of high-flying corporate executive with a huge house and tedious, to me, social obligations, or even a lot of money. I don't mind a slavegirl with a job if its what she wants, provided she still submits her schedule to my approval (as much as she is able) and wears her chastity belt to work.

Honestly one of the reasons I'm not sure I want to do this is that for me I kind of have two different opposite fantasies. One is of a harem of submissive slavegirls who offer themselves and every part of their lives to me. Another is a long term relationship with a woman who could live completely independedntly of me, not a Domme, but a beautiful foreign girl whom I could live with even if we never had sex once in our entire lives. Tell you the truth you've never known how beautiful an asian woman can be until you've seen her in military fatigues. That's when I say "oh god, I want to have her babies" keep in mind this is not "I want her to have my babies" I literally thought "I want to have her babies" yeah like me, a guy, getting pregnant for her. No joke.

I've done a lot of thought and I know for a fact that women with a proactive attitude are exceedingly attractive to me, whether she's a Soldier-girl, a Police Officer or a civil rights activist, therein lies a lot of sex appeal (either sexual/intimate or personal/romantic or both) irregardless of appearance. I also however, have entertained fantasies of submissive obedient girls who happily serve me whether she receives the privelidge of offering me pleasure exclusive of her own, the privelidge of offering to share mutual pleasure with me or the privelidge of me offering pleasure while she remains passive, performing no concurrent activity to please me, among other things she might be required to do. I'm honestly really not sure what I want to do.

"She and I talk on a somewhat regular basis now, and it comes across as pretty clear to me that she's not happy in her position, per se, just completely unable to envision herself anywhere else. She is baffled as to how I can be a sub in the first place, and beyond that how I don't automatically think my Dom is smarter and better than me."

For all the things I don't know, I know I don't want to own a girl like this. I'm certain she's a nice young (or maybe older) lady than me, but it does sound like she's in less than healthy a condition than I feel comfortable with. I think I already said, I hope she finds her way in life.

"Self confidence is super attractive, ladies. Just saying. "

I couldn't agree more I've said I certainly don't want to dominate a girl without it.

"Consider the dominant and how he (or she) must feel having chosen a submissive who considers her (or him) self worthless. Insulting I'd say."

Certainly a Propertier should respect his property. A person's "value" is not effected by the value of his or her possession's, but by the respect and impact he or she has on those around him or her. Many among the lower class are more "value-able" by far than those at the very top of corporate ladders. Why? Well, consider the effect he or she has on those around him or her? Hmmm, I'm not a christian, but I think one of Jesus Christ's parables may be of value here. It's the one where the apostles are at the church and these rich men put in large sums of money into the donation box, but a a poor woman puts in only a little. The apostles are mystified when Christ says her contribution was greater than all those rich men, he explains she gave all she had where the rich men gave little of what they have... A Dom should have respect for his slave and he should earn her respect in return.

"Apparently 6 bucks and a pack of clove cigs are what she is worth. And she agrees. This is sad. Does the guy (I won't use the term Dom) keep other things of such small value? Other than disposables? Which I expect he will consider her to be as well. She should be the most precious and valuable thing in his life. Properly respected for her submission and treated as a precious jewel. Of course even precious jewels require polishing on occasion..."

I need to put some more thought into this myself.

" A) a lovely, well-bred "smart, social equal" who could attend professional and social/professional events, was a sparking conversationalist, and who had great connections and networks but had her own career and goals and was as busy as I am "outside the home"
OR
B) an attractive, less well-educated, sweet girl who dedicated her life to improving mine and who served me thoroughly and loyally, but who I couldn't "take out in public" as a partner"

This is kind of where I am right now. I'm not as sociable as you though and much more introverted.

"I personally would only and DO only submit to a Master who can match or exceed my own intelligence in every way. He is always one step ahead of me and that in itself is VERY rare for me."

You and I are very different. I have no issue Dominating a proffesional woman, so long as her professional life does not interfere with my dominance over her. I would not mind owning a girl who is an engineer, a doctor, a soldier, a police officer or who has a doctorates degree in mathmatics, psychology, sociology or any other kind of advanced education. I do not care if she is more intelligent than I, if she wishes to be submissive and to conform to the expectations and demands of another and she is a fit for my own interests, then I don't much mind her intellectual backround. Intelligent women are interesting.

"My question is, would you not become exceedingly bored with a submissive with whom you could not have real conversations?"

Yes, and I would want to own a girl whom I could socialize with as friends in addition to dominating her.

"not being able to take out in public"

I've always considered fetishes to be a private matter. I don't really want to share such with the public....least of all my mum, my conservative mormon mum.

"I can't imagine how anyone who is considered 'dumb' could possibly be a true submissive, male or female."

Like I said I wouldn't want a "dumb" one. If she wanted to gain a higher education I would certainly support it, bearing in mind to balance it with other aspects of her life.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with a dom being wealthy/upper class with a sub who is poor/lower class, or that there's anything wrong with them both being aware of and acknowledging that."

What about a sub from a wealthy backround who serves a Master from a poor or lower middle class backround? Say she has no interest in highering her education or a proffesional life outside of service to her propertier so she makes no money. Say her Master makes a moderate income for a few amenities.

"I would much rather have someone who was interested, creative, and proactive about finding ways to make me happy."

Agree, though as a guy who roleplays a submissive female, I've come up with some pretty interesting ways to please the male body.

"If a girl _happens_ to be a rocket scientist, and can either balance her intellectual life with serving me or can get her intellectual fulfillment just from serving me?"

Agreed, if she wants a life not specifically tied to me alone, whether a prefessional work life or an intelectual one, who am I to complain? provided she can balance her life to serve me.

"I don't think "well-bred" people are smarter"

Also agreed.