Apparently 6 bucks and a pack of clove cigs are what she is worth. And she agrees. This is sad. Does the guy (I won't use the term Dom) keep other things of such small value? Other than disposables? Which I expect he will consider her to be as well. She should be the most precious and valuable thing in his life. Properly respected for her submission and treated as a precious jewel. Of course even precious jewels require polishing on occasion...
I don't know that I'd agree with the fact that she "should be" anything to him. In a perfect world full of perfect relationships, sure. But, as I mentioned in my reply to Oz, in this case he removed her from an abusive situation and put her in a safer place. They cohabitate, but she has the downstairs apartment in his home and he has his own space. It is not a relationship much more complex than, well, kinky roommates to be honest. This is likely a whole 'nother thread, but in a general sense what else is he actually "obligated" as an Owner to do here?