I spent 8 years at a Catholic school (from 0 to 17) not because I was Catholic per se (I was raised between Christianism and Buddhism, but that school was the best in the district). I think that this added to the fact that I'm a geek kind of put me on the "weirdos" shelf right away there. I think that my Dominant personality was drawn to be even more competitive when it comes to studies there (I aced all my classes for those 7 years) and I know that especially in the latest years, I ended wearing clothing (we had uniforms or alike only for my first 3 years) at least shoes that just went against what others wore, especially since I could get away with it. *cough*

Yet, I always kept good relations with the nuns who were there and definitely count that experience as helping me grow spiritually, as I'm now a Christian, though I still have to be baptized. That experience later helped me also think about my spirituality and my BDSM inclinations, along with my sexual orientation, and I'm trying to be at peace about it all, even though at times it can still be a bit complicated.

Overall, I think that my time at Catholic high school fed my dominant streak by making me want to cross some lines (though I was never irrespectful to anyone, because I chose not to be).