Quote Originally Posted by UnholyAdvent View Post
So telling them I'm going on a date with someone to the movies or whatever? Over the years though has brought up such questions "why I dont ever introduce a girlfriend to the family?" "Why I won't go on double dates with my brother and his girlfriend?" I've tried to explain that because none of them have been serious and I only want them to meet the right one, and that I feel uncomfortable with group dating.
Some families are just nosier than others...lol My family would probably be the opposite, raising an eyebrow if I were hauling a casual date home or on a double with my brother and his wife. Just keep expressing to your family that you're happy with your relationship status or lack thereof right now - most parents just want to know their kids are happy. Leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyAdvent View Post
I also hate lying to my family and explaining what I do would allow me to not have to hide it anymore. I wouldn't need to necessarily explain intimate details just a basic over view, this is what I like and this is what it is..
You and I see this a little differently - not talking about what turns me on and my intimate proclivities doesn't really strike me as lying. There are simply things that aren't anyone else's business. Even without sharing the nitty gritty details, talking about a basic overview of a BDSM lifestyle is still pretty intimate and nudging toward the sexual. Not things I benefit from by chatting about with the fam. Your mileage may vary.