Quote Originally Posted by Thorne View Post
That will only take you so far. When you find yourself working long hours, sacrificing free time, and getting little more than the lazy neighbor next door, the satisfaction fades pretty quickly. And who needs fame?
so dont work long hours, work only a little as much as you really need. All overworking is just waste of sacred resources.

There are many ways to avoid boredom. And if you have to work to feed not only yourself but someone else boredom seems the lesser evil.
any examples what are you doing to do? so you are living is some shitty house get shitty food and you just lay on the bed and watch TV all year.
I think no sane human will we able to be that lazy. But it is good, because if you don't move you conserve energy and you will be cheap to feed.

And how do you pay those taxes without gaining any reward? I won't work to make just enough to survive, so that others can also survive. I don't mind paying my fair share, but not to waste it on derelicts and slackers.
They get reward, and quite a big one. I don't say you must work for free you just pay about 90-95% of taxes. and you only get to keep 10%, but that 10 % is way more than you get doing nothing.

Why? So everyone can be miserable? The whole point of consumption is that it promotes better living conditions for all.
this is no longer the point, because we do not have enough resources to consume. It is dead end.
You simply cant continue that way of life anymore. you have either fight with all world to take their resources or reduce your consumption.

Then there will be no jobs. More people sucking at the government teat.
then maybe we should pay people for littering and then pay other people for cleaning?
making and buying crap is same as just burning stuff. it does not make your life better.
to make it better you need correct jobs like improving infrastructure and inventing new better tools not just produce useless ipads that go to trash can next year.

Forced taxation is far different than donations. Forced donations is simply taxation. Again, what's the benefit for the worker?
he gets benefit to live in better conditions than everyone else.

If he can't eat them, he'll trade them. With someone else who can't sell them. Don't tell me that there was no black market in the USSR.
there was no point in black market, because resources were dirt cheap. Only problem was getting consumable goods.

Earning through your own labor is hardly hogging resources. One way or another you pay.
If you buy land then you take it away from public use thats hogging of resources. and you must pay big taxes fro owning that land.
if you by car you also hog some amount of metal and plastic which is not available for public use anymore.

Like what?
life USSR was really calm without any competition and stress, you had all your basic needs fulfilled. there was no need to fight for your place when you finish high school government gives you some job and place to live. then you work something and live easy boring life. However, if you need something above basic living it gets really hard to obtain.

Tell that to the people starving in North Korea. Tell that to the pre-capitalist Chinese. Any efficiency, whether in farming or manufacturing, has come from capitalist countries.
their only problem is lack of modern tools dont forget that these people do not feed on gasoline like US
they use their muscle power instead of machines. give modern farm equipment to Koreans and they will feed themselves with no problems.
Us is not in better situation, because these nations at least produce everything they need, unlike US who produces only half of what it consumes and rest goes in debt.
Isn't it funny that USSR is lending money to US?

Maybe so, but going back to an already failed system won't prevent that. The USSR was already a living hell before the collapse.
It was not hell at all only problem there was that life was quite boring. system failed because it went ahead of time. it is like capitalism in stone age.
However you still have no choice if you don't limit consumption you will by limited by law of conservation of mass and energy.
You cant indefinitely increase consumption of limited resources.
in the end it will result war between these who hogged all resources and these who are starving because they cant get anything.