Quote Originally Posted by Thorne View Post
And what does that work gain me? I get the same thing as the lazy bum next door. If I want anything else I buy it with my 10%. Except, there isn't anything to buy, because nobody is making anything!
money doesn't work in that way, if you got 10% then you still produced 100% of something but 90% or your stuff you give to 100 lazy bums and 10% keep for yourself. in result you still live 10 times better that these lazy people.
the whole point is to limit greed, so that you would not have any desire to work more than you really need.

Exactly! Because no one was working to make consumable goods. So what good is your 10%?
it has nothing to do with USSR
it was completely different instead of getting 10% you were paid fixed amount independent of how much you work. and you had to fulfill some arbitrary norms.

This makes no sense. What is the public going to do with the land, or the plastic? They have no money to do anything with it!
you know sometimes you may need to build a road or use it for recreation.
or just build a house where you like. just because someone claimed land as his property first, that doesn't give him right to hog it or ask me to pay.

Sounds idyllic. Not.
that was quite fine for most people.

Ahh, so we should stop using resources and just give them to Koreans, so they can use them instead of us. Again, why?
well you dont need to do that if you don't mind to start world war 3 or suffer from terrorist attacks.
alternatively you coudl just kill all these poor people
they wont stai as dumb as they are indefinitely soon they will identify who is parasite sucking their blood and will try to do something.

There IS no USSR. Russia MAY be lending us money, I don't know. But that's beside the point. Where are the Russians getting the money in the first place? By manufacturing products and selling them! Using resources. And getting wealthier. Basically, becoming capitalists.
they do not manufacture anything, they just sell oil and other resources.
if they were like US they would consume everything themselves and you would get nothing.
in fact they give everything for free because it is obvious that neither US neither EU will ever pay their debts.

most likely in 2030 there will be some war or other kind of apocalypse when these idiots will stop giving goods for US and EU for free.
and since we do not have anything anymore, we will starve to death or most likely we will attack these poor countries to suck their last drops of blood and then we will start killing each other.