I have a question about an experience I had recently. My Master has always been amazing. For seven years He has pushed my limits flawlessly, encouraged so much growth and development, and loved me like I've never been loved before.

Recently, He gave me a task which I was excited to do for Him. When I got to thinking about it, I realized that if I changed the task ever so slightly what I would give Him would go above and beyond what He had requested of me. I went with my own idea because I wanted to please Him as much as I possibly could.

He was not pleased. I received a punishment for not following His exact task.

I understand why He was displeased, because I did not follow the task through the exact way in which I was instructed. But for the first time EVER in our relationship, I felt as though He treated me unfairly, and I was very vocal about the way I felt.

In hindsight, I wish I had just quietly accepted the punishment and moved on. But you see, being punished for trying to go above and beyond for pleasing Him really hurt my feelings. I have always felt as though punishments would be reserved for when I willfully disobeyed him or when I was unwilling to perform. It wasn't disobedience or unwillingness. Nothing even close to that. I was desperate to impress Him with my idea to go above and beyond his request.

We had a bit of a blow up over it (well mostly I blew up and He tolerated my tantrum) and in the end, He felt as though the foundation of our Mastership had cracked and that it was time to revert to a normal.... vanilla relationship. Now there's nothing inherently WRONG with a vanilla relationship, but I'm chocolate with rainbow sprinkles in a sugar cone. The idea of having a vanilla relationship leaves me feeling bereft. I love Him with all of my heart, so of course if that is what He wishes, I will obey.

I feel as though He is not willing to be flexible in this. I understand and accept that it is not His place to need to be flexible, but I can't see giving up our 7 years of D/s history over this silly situation. I feel as though we could easily work it out, learn a great lesson on communication from it, and move on stronger than ever.

What do you guys think?? One mistake in 7 years is pretty incredible (in my opinion) and I don't feel like one misstep is worth letting this relationship fall apart. I don't respect or honor His ownership of me any less because I feel as though He was unfair in His treatment of me; and I think that is what He believes. I think He is holding himself and our relationship to a ridiculously high standard here. We're human, so we're going to mess up, right?

Do you think it's possible to move forward past something like this?? If so, please share some advice with me, because I certainly need it!