Quote Originally Posted by believeinme View Post
Simple question, how on earth do I allow myself to totally let myself believe in another after years of abuse?....I tend to let history repeat....
There's a huge difference between an abusive relationship and a BDSM relationship (providing the BDSM version isn't masking it) These are My opinions only, based on so little but the simple question. You do need to build that relationship with your Sir and a good Sir will take the time to get to know you, your history, your issues and insecurities. A good Sir will help you through them, make you stronger, independent, offer security, want to see you happy and most of all, tell you that the abuse suffered was never your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by believeinme View Post
but this time, I may just lose the opportunity to be completely happy . The physical pain and punishment I can tolerate...the mental bruising holds me back. Finally, I have found the one, yet see myself slipping through his fingers due to constant insecurity. Patience only last so long..doesnt it????
Take the time to look deep within your insecurities and talk with your Sir. A well meaning and mature Sir with listen to your concerns, ask the right questions and try to formulate a plan to help you through those insecurities. You need to have more than one conversation, it may lead to a lifetime of conversations and that certainly isn't anything wrong with that. Do what makes you comfortable, stating that facts and issues and remember that patience is the best tool. A good Sir will never damage his masterpiece.

All the best.