Quote Originally Posted by IAN 2411 View Post
I don’t think it was a stupid statement, in my opinion it was well thought out and aimed directly at the people that would help him get elected. I believe that if the Americans backed the Palestinians and relied on their vote, he would have been saying the same about Israel.
As for peace negotiations, the Americans have not really done anything constructive because of their bias for Israel. To be of any use to the peace negotiations there has to be a country that has no ties with either the Palestinians or Israel.

Just asking out of curiosity, trade one of what? and who do you mean when you say “We’ll and Ours?”

Be well IAN 2411
United States has always sought a main role in the middle east and she early realized that the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is a core stone in the middle east diplomatic affairs so even though US is way bias for Isreal as you said , she has endeavored to illustrate itself as "a neutral party" in the peace negotiations ... and since the Palestinian were divided among two parties , US had gotten the support from "fateh" (one of these 2 patries) to keep the peace negotiations but now things changed and fateh and hamas are not divided anymore so US actually will face obstructs ... and such statement could make it worse cause then no one in the Palestinian side would accept US as neutral party in any future peace negotiations anymore

yes , i agree he said this to get the jews support but he just went too far, he could have used more soft accent like Obama when he pledged to keep Israel safe but he didn't say anything bad about the Palestinians