I am very lucky and do not get razor burn, well hardly EVER; here is my routine.
I shower or bathe, clean my entire body before starting. This softens the hair as stated multiple times above. If I have more than a quarter inch of growth i first trim using an electric razor, down to a stubble. Then I use conditioner, and a huge ungainly (but amazing!) razor such as the Venus. Its' blades are surrounded by solid conditioner/alo vera, and that combination takes it to a smooth as silk feel. NO bumps and no hair!
On the rare occasion that I do have razor burn, I will not shave until the bumps are gone. Otherwise, you will shave off your skin, scab, and (if you're as light as I am) actually have a small scar! It's not attractive!
Waxing is painful but for many of us, that's not really the issue now is it :P. Again, repeating others' advice, ask your Master first.
I've never done laser removal but I'd definitely do it if I could afford it. Though the new-ish shaving system , ugh, of course I am blanking on the name, but it's "seen on tv", and is hugely pricey (but only once!), uses heat to basically burn/melt the hair down to the follicle. The reviews are all raves, and the hair growth seems to lessen after long term usage, and often just plain stop. Still cannot remember the name, but it's a full money back PLUS they pay for return shipping, they're that confident.....google "as seen on tv bladeless razor" or some such and i'm sure you'll find it.
Now that I'm thinking about it...I'm going to do the same and put it on my "I want" wish list!
Good luck with your quest for a silky smooth, bumpless pussy....you can do it. You just have to find the right system for you
And you may be lucky, like me, and not have razor burn issues
I'm a platinum blond but my pubic hair is a mix of red, gold, and light blond. Its definitely NOT "thin". Its very course, so even if you're dark haired down there you may have no issue with bumps.