So, I'm in a long-distance relationship with another woman. We're more like both switches but both more on the sub side.

She is more experienced in both aspects, but I lack actual experience as a dom. I mean I'm familiar with the idea and I would love to do it, but never had any actual practice (I'm still rather young and slightly conservative in real practices, so not much experience in general). Since she has had some dom experience I'm perfectly fine with being a sub for her, but I know she's really attached to her sub side and I'd want to satisfy that part of her too.

She's interested in it too, but not that confident with my lack of skills either. I'm comfortable with the idea being a dom, but am extremely nervous with my inexperience. We're probably not gonna see each other in months, I want to get better before next time we get together, things like to be able to wield whips better, to tie fancy knots, and to hold the right attitude without cracking up; I really don't want to make a permanent laughingstock of my first experience.

So any suggestions? I'm not that positive that reading instructions and practicing on a pillow could help too much. I wonder how I could train my self on the practical basics, and most help I find come too vague/theoretical than a hands-on walkthrough for a nervous newbie.