So I got a PM with a question. I get a lot of PMs asking me question. Many of you have received my best efforts to be helpful and (what I hope are) excellent responses. But today, I got from a person who's been on the site for a full month and has yet to post once, this question.

I hope u dont mind me asking a question

I had seen 1 of ur comments & was wondering if u knew of good ways 2 break a bratty sub
And I found myself kind of irritated. She's seen my comments? Really? Then how did she get such a wrong impression that I am in the business of breaking subs? Here was my response, which instead of sending, I decided to post here. Am I totally off base?

I normally wouldn't mind you asking...

But I have some questions first. You haven't given me anything substantive to go on. You want a generic answer for a complex question? A thoughtful answer without you providing some background? I don't really do that.

Are you asking for yourself? Are you the brat and want to read what I have to say as if I were actually breaking you? Because your profile says you are submissive. Or are you actually a switch asking about your own submissive? Or are you a submissive asking on behalf of someone else? Some other scenario?

What did you read that made you think I was in the habit of breaking brats? I've written I don't condone brats. That means they stop being brats or I release them. I don't mind a little spirit, but under it all there must be obedience. If there isn't... well, I have plenty of options. Or perhaps you're thinking of a role play situation?

And lastly... if you've read my comments, you realize I never use shorthand... so while I don't mind you asking, I think it's kind of short-sighted on your part that you didn't take the time to type the words "you" and "you're" and "to". Punctuation is also non-optional.