First off i'd like to say hello to the forum i'm new here but look forward to being as active as I can be. I will get to the question but a little background first. Me and my wife have looked into and began to divulge into the D/s lifestyle. It's been a great several months for both of us. We are happier now than I think we have ever been. We have read and read and researched and read some more trying to learn as much as we can and are still thirsty for more.

There is really one main problem and i'm racking my brain trying to figure this one out. I work full time, go to school full time, she works as well and we have 2 children. We obviously only have certain times that we can actually play. We try to take advantage of that as much as we can and well it isn't as much as either of us would like but it is what it is. I've always been the D in the relationship even before I knew what to call it and she is by nature a sub. The problem is she needs this as close to full time as she can get. She is happier and thrives when i'm strict with her and better behaved as well. The problem is due to "life" I just do not always have the time to give her the attention she needs or wants.

So we start and stop, cant always follow through on the discipline part, taskings etc. and the less time I have to show her the harder it is for her. We both see the mixed messages and the lack of stability here is the issue. Just wonder if others deal with this same issue and how they go about living the D/s lifestyle when life, kids, work, responsibilities, research papers, tests and finals all get in the way.

It is so easy to see when we have nothing or little going on and we are steady she thrives but as soon as a day or two goes by where we back off from it she reverts to acting out pushing and testing me to get the dominant reaction she wants and I know what she is doing but just cant take her over my knee and give her the "spanking" she needs while i'm in the middle of a literary review project on non-profit organizations after a full day of work and class.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. And thank you for taking the time to read my post.