I was drawn to this lifestyle because of a sense of unfulfillment that started with my first relationship of six years. It was tumultuous, and looking back my own tendencies could very easily elevate with BDSM. Ever since I've been looking for someone to submit to half as much; actually, someone who can handle complete authority. I've recently reconnected with a more recent ex, who has had an interest in the lifestyle, but with me "just never came up." It would have changed everything. I felt he was holding something back all along, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Life hasn't made more sense with anyone else, and this BDSM dynamic has struck a "Eureka!" moment. Yet created so many more questions. Such as why not with me? His personality is perfectly suited to this lifestyle. Maybe he felt he wasn't in a position to assume complete authority. Regardless of whether he knew it or not, more than anyone else, he did. And I think he wants to.

I suppose I identify as a Switch given my ultimate desire is to submit, but those I've had related conversations with would suggest the exact opposite. Similar experiences transitioning to the lifestyle? Advice?