I'm curious to see how many think there is a definite and acceptable difference between your behavior online and offline. I've been accused of being too black and white in the past, so perhaps it is just me, but I see this all over the net.

A certain freedom of anonymity or lack of inhibition granted by only being a name on a screen can explain it, perhaps. I personally don't believe I behave much differently online than I do offline. But I watch some who "walk" into a room and grope, fondle and otherwise molest everyone they see and I wonder, would this person do this if we were sitting in a lounge or restaurant for a munch or some get together? I wonder if I take online too seriously or not seriously enough.

Some things seem to really matter online, but other things are blown off as just being online. You'd think after chatting off and on for over 20 years I'd have some better handle on this, but I truly don't.

I'm curious what others think about this, or am I the only one even concerning myself with such things?

Thanks,

D