Doe is rather radiant, isn't she?

I think that I acquaint the difference between submissive and slave as being the depth of need and the level of submission. (Although I have an extreme dislike for any implication that either a submissive or a slave is less valuable or more admirable than the other, and for that reason maybe the word "level" is not a good one to use.) There are bottoms, submissives, and slaves. I know that, in a relationship, I am not going to find fulfillment in anything less than giving of myself to the depth of slave. That need was far from non-existent when I was single. Yes, as a slave, I am submissive.. ergo, my submission is what I'm gifting to Maestro (Crusher). I probably should have stopped to clarify that I used the orientation of "slave" simply because it's how I personally identify.. but any one of the submissive orientations is still "gifting" or giving of themselves in a submissive capacity throughout a power exchange, whether it be a single BDSM encounter of a casual sort or a long term relationship. On that same token, my being submissive doesn't mean that I approach everything in life submissively, so I would still tend to make the same differentiation. I would agree that dominant and submissive are also ways to approach things in life, but they are also an orientation. I've often stated that "I only bend for One". There are many things, that I do approach or handle in a dominant way.. the management of my home and children for example, or the management position that I previously held in a business. I tend to consider myself a strong woman who is capable of leading where needed.. but within my personal relationship, I choose and prefer not to..and instead hand or "gift" that control to Another.