A very big problem:

Thee Independant, Wednesday 02 October 2013

More than a million British youngsters being bullied online every day

"More than a million young people are subjected to extreme online bullying every day in Britain, according to the biggest survey of internet abuse."

"The explosion of social networking sites means seven out of 10 13-22 year-olds have now been cyber-bullied, a survey by the national anti-bullying charity Ditch The Label has found."

" Facebook was the most common place for it to occur, with young people twice as likely to be bullied there than on any other social network. More than half of its users said they had been victimised on the site at some point, compared to 28 per cent of Twitter users and 26 per cent of those on Ask.fm."

"“Historically bullying went on in the classroom and it stopped when you got home, but now there’s no escape for young people.”"

""Social networks have a moral obligation and a duty of care to their users to implement tight mechanisms of flagging and reporting systems for cyber bullying, although we all have a responsibility and an opportunity to help fix this.”"

"The results follow the deaths of two teenagers over the summer who were bullied over the internet. Hannah Smith, a 14-year-old schoolgirl who was found hanged at her home in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, after apparently suffering months of internet abuse on social network Ask.fm."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...internalSearch

I ask myself, and who might be interested: WHY? Is it only teen-agers? What makes people bully other people on the net? Is there ring leaders and followers? Why do people just jump in?

Why do the people who are bullied not stop going online, or going on the forum? Why do some choose to kill themselves? (It seems to happen on a fairly regular basis.)

What should the schools do? The parents? The schools mates? The forums? Anybody else?

Is bullying bad upbringing, instinct, what: If instinct, what is it for? I mean, what it the point, in terms of evolution?

Am very interested in views here.