So, I'm having a problem. My Dom and I have never truly been 24/7. There have been times where we went 24/7 according to our needs, normally for a week or two at a time. Sometimes we would only do one or two scenes a month or none at all.

Now, recently our play has been more frequent, but our actual time together has been limited. What I mean is that we used to live together, but at the moment we aren't. I had to move for work a few months ago and he had to tie up loose ends before he could follow. So now, we see each other once a week, sometimes once every two weeks, but those days together are spent playing.

The problem is this: I no longer feel like his collared sub. It's very hard for me to get into subspace with him now and it's far more difficult to obey his commands and not fight him on things. I still love him and I still want to be his sub, I don't want to stop playing with him. I've never had a problem like this before, even when months would pass where we weren't able to play because of vanilla life reasons. I've been his collared submissive for over three years.

Have any of you ever had this issue? Where it feels like your Dom/Master has to re-break you and make you his sub again? Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? So far, he's been really patient and he's trying to understand what's wrong, but I don't think we'll be able to keep playing if we can't figure it out. He doesn't know if starting over and re-training me as his sub from scratch is the best idea. So I thought I would ask on here and see what opinions I could get.

Thanks!