Quote Originally Posted by MirkoSM View Post
Imagine if a shop owner gave an African-American a job and felt like a great person for giving black people jobs, like it was a charity.
It doesn't have to be considered charity. Maybe it's just him trying to atone for the sins of his ancestors? And basically, that's what affirmative action was supposed to be about, making sure that people, black, white, red, yellow, were chosen for jobs based on their abilities, not their color.

Imagine if the same person gave a white man a job instead, now people could argue he's a white elitist.
I'm sure there are those that would say that. But what if that white man, or woman, was the only qualified applicant? I experienced something like this, indirectly, a long time ago. A job opening came up in the company I worked for. There were many qualified applicants, both black and white, both male and female. There were, however, no qualified black female applicants. The company wound up hiring an UNqualified black female in order to fill the quota prescribed by law. While I wouldn't consider that racist, it most certainly was discrimination.

It might be argued like that, because it's an example of human weakness not a man who was unlucky(or even lucky in some cases).
I contend that only ignorant bigots would argue in that way. But when the ignorant bigots are in the majority everyone else suffers.