There are many approaches to bdsm and so there are different things people expect or would like so you should trust your gut on this one.if you feel more comfortable calling every dominant sir, I´d go with that. It´s a common practise around here ;-)

Personally I do only submit to master and as I do not frequent any real life clubs or get togethers on protocol, so I´m not used to the Group etiquette that requires to call every dominant sir. Also any honorific between a dom and sub has to be earned in my opinion. I do not call everyone Sir by default. In chat or in posts I thus use the name the person uses here. If I get to know somebody better, or read a lot from them, I might call a dominant Sir but it is a decision from case to case. No one has ever complained this policy ( only if I was in a bratty mood and shortened a name in chat in a way that was not appreciated, and more often that ends not in a complaint but in a fun discussion ).
For me calling someone Sir on the forums is a sign that I like the way that persons approach on bdsm, that it´s a person whose opinions I have come to value and who I honor thus.

Deigja