I recently talked with someone about bondage and he was surprised I considered it 'helpful for keeping a position'. He told me that it could force someone in a position but that was usually not meant to be helpful so I thought I should share this with everyone:

In certain situations I consider my dominant helpful if he restrains me... If I have to take a punishment it can help me keep position, if my arms are tied behind my back my breasts will be shown more prominently, a position that gets easy to forget sometimes, espescially if you are exited. Also in some positions it can take the strain of your muscles if you relax into it..
I think it depends on the intention of the dominant if you are forced into a position or helped to keep it up even if you forget/strain..
Also sometimes it can help me to reach subspace. That always works faster for me in restraints (wired that way ;-))

But of course bondage can be used to force someone into a position, it can be used to restrict movement, to remind someone of their position, it can be decorative, arousing, used for creating a predicament for the sub and many more.

What are your thoughts on this?
Deigja