I went from online to beeing married to the one I did online with and I trust my sixth sense concerning the people I talk to. Nevertheless I have met such a black sheep before as well. It rattles your bones, makes you feel insecure and you no longer trust your own ability to judge a persons character..

It took me almost a year to reveal more about me than my first name to my now husband and while I always was honest with him I told him to back off whenever he asked something that could in any way reveal my Identity. When he had not pushed me for a year and been understanding and it was still a great friendship with a lot of time invested I felt more secure. we went from me taking headless photos to camming and calling and after another 6 month met r/l for the first time in a cafe directly in front of a police station, in a city neither of us lived in with me having my friend as a backup who called me several times to check in and would have sent in the cavalery if I had not answered.
For me this was lucky, but there are black sheep. Genuine contacts don´t push you. ever. and they will easily accept if there´s information you´re not comfortable giving out.
Take it slow, tell your contact what you went through and if the connection is as real as you believe he´ll be understanding. Take your time. Rather safe than sorry?
I´m glad that you´re back here and find again what you once lost. I hope for you that you´ll find your security back and that everything will be allright once again.

Feel free to pm me if you need someone to comiserate

Good luck!

Deigja