Quote Originally Posted by just_ine View Post
In my mind there are 3 types of interaction OL.

1. Roleplay and with right, a simple role you play. This is, personally, my least favourite type of interaction and the least 'submissive-feeling'. It seems to be overly sexual without the deep D/s connection. YMMV.

2. Tasking is when the D gives the s tasks to do. Some tasks are given as a once-off and some occurs every day or every week. Often 'proof' in the form of a recounting of the completion of the task or pictures are required. Tasks can take anything from a few seconds to days to complete.

3. The type of scene You described in Your OP is what I learned as 'playing' or 'scening'. My hand obeys to the letter what He describes and I give constant feedback on what I experience.
I have found this type of interaction to have potential to experience subspace and it creates a really close bond. I enjoy this type of play very much and while I don't do cam anymore, voice is just as wonderful.

Just a note: the play mentioned above is not 'pretend'. Every response must be true and real otherwise its a glorified role play. That means I don't fudge Any response. If He says HARDER.....I Do it HARDER, even if it makes me cry. The choice to decide How hard (as an example) is not mine to make.

When I took the step from OL to RL, I found very little difference between what I experienced over voice and what my playpartner did to me. Despite being tied up with real ropes this time and over cam/voice it wasn't. Because I obeyed every command given to a T.

This is of course only my experience and I can't speak for everybody.
Many thanks just_ine for giving such a nice summation of your experiences. You quite effectively described in so many ways the very engaging experiences I had with my former girl. After speaking with a few other people I was beginning to feel anxious that what she and I shared had simply been some kind of anomaly, driven simply by the personalities involved and not something that could be duplicated to any meaningful degree with a different partner. After reading your well presented perspectives I am now of the opinion that my difficulties have been merely a matter of semantics.

While at the time I never for a moment thought of it as role playing that we sometimes shared, in hindsight I can imagine it was after a fashion. It was never acting on the part of either us. It was real - real with regard to the emotions, the feelings, the heat of the moments and the satisfaction of our common but opposite needs. But especially after reading your thoughts on it I am beginning to understand I think that role play is merely a means, one approach to it. It can be a vehicle so to speak that takes you where you wish to go but is neutral in that the circumstances can be as real or fanciful as those involved wish it to be.

Your comments and views have actually been a great help in providing precisely the sort of insight I was seeking. I feel much more hopeful that in at least a sense, what I have experienced with her can to some degree be experienced again with a new partner. I especially appreciated you mentioning tasking because setting tasks for her was a significant part of our overall approach. As you mentioned having experienced yourself, sometimes it would be a once-off and other times would involve some simple assignment oft repeated after the fashion of rituals. That was a part of the dynamic I found quite important to me because it helped to preserve a sense of connectedness and engagement for us both at the times we weren't able to spend time together interacting and feeding of each others emotive responses interactively.

Thanks again for taking time to share your views here which I find quite invaluable and so enlightening.

Cheers,
S