Quote Originally Posted by cutielady View Post
I personally think that words have a lot of power and can invoke a very strong reaction. The mind can assilmate you can reach a subs body through her mind and I suppose that'd be true even in rt. Whether pleasure fear dominance or submission. Online role play is the only way to offer comfort and affection online. However, rt actions add punch. So I'd say its all of the above.
Good points cutielady. I do agree that words are powerful. Words in my experience were just as important and evocative in the rt relationships I have been a party to. Perhaps it is simply the term "role play" that I stumble over. I think of role playing as taking on a role of a character or another person and acting it out with a partner. Acting the operative word of course. I love that of course with regard to a good movie or play. But the idea of that within the context of a D/s relationship of any description or within any intimate context for that matter just rings hollow to me. I do much appreciate your contribution to the discussion and as I mentioned in the post, it could very well be that it is I who does not see online play rightly.